No previous riding experience needed!
Nestled in the beautiful Surrey countryside close to London, lies Westcroft Park Polo Club and Polo Academy. With an all-weather outdoor teaching and winter polo arena, as well as three full sized, boarded polo fields and 2 stick and ball fields, we have the finest polo facilities for beginners to advanced players.
- We offer several affordable formats for tuition, so that we can provide the right type of coaching for an individual’s level of ability, fitness and athletic skill.
- We welcome non-riders – about 65% of those we teach have never ridden before – and we provide all the necessary equipment, including specially trained (and understanding!) ponies.
- Top class coaching, enables even non-riders to obtain a full grasp of the game and play instructional chukkas in no time at all.
- Therefore, all you need to enjoy the Sport of Kings is a sense of fun and adventure.
- No membership is required to take part in any of our training activities listed below.
READY TO PLAY POLO?
OPTION 1: Discover Polo Experience
This adrenaline fuelled 2 hour experience suitable for riders and non-riders starts with learning the basic rules and tactics of the game, followed by ‘hand sticks‘ (a short stick) learning the 4 main strokes and hitting the ball in all-weather outdoor arena, on foot. After this you receive mounted tuition for polo and practice hitting the ball, prior to playing your first chukka! It’s immense fun and you learn a huge amount in a short space of time.
- The experience is open to individuals and groups
- Available as a gift voucher
- A total number of 6 or more players is required
- HPA qualified instructors, helmets, balls, sticks and very friendly ponies are all supplied (Please note we cannot currently supply helmets and sticks under Covid Rules).
- Please wear compfy trousers and shoes with a small heel (no trainers please)
- Warning – It’s very addictive!
- Available Saturday mornings 9am-11am
- Price £140.00 per person
OPTION 2: Discover Polo Experience Package ‘From Zero to Hero’
Ready to become a fully fledged polo player? Our Discover Polo Package includes 10 private lessons and 2 instructional chukka sessions. This is the ideal starting point where we take you through all the aspects of the game. Our HPA qualified and DBS certified instructors will teach you riding for polo, how to play all the shots, the rules and theory of the game, how to stick & ball and play chukkas like a pro! Absolutely no previous riding experience is required. Our Discover Polo package is fun filled, adrenaline packed and can be booked at times to suit you.